Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 224.

• Glendower is my man, so I'll take the Artificer's Mallet. (IGN matches forum name) Thanks for running the contest. I've got the next contest up: forums.hextcg.com/index.php?th…he-judge-june-20-june-26/ I for one would two-ly a-three-ciate if you could head over four an awesome contest.

• Count me in for an awesome contest... The Rules: - Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most. In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the…

• discovering new things in hex

Arcanyx - - HEX Discussions

Parallel Realities reverts. Sour Grum'puss prevents reversion. It actually took me a second to figure out why the troop I was attacking with was growing in number exponentially. This somewhat obvious interaction (in retrospect) came to my attention when I was playing a Rowdy deck with Sugarpuss in PvE and the candies had randomly generated both of those cards. HEX is a great game for finding new and interesting card interactions.

• Mercenary Guide

Arcanyx - - New Player Help

Quote from SaintVicarious: “Obliteron Kor Thanks to Fred for this Sharky Eye of Sauron. Obliteron Kor is all about those multishard cards. Multishard actions get one less cost to play (Awesome) and your Multishard troops get +1A/+1D while in play (Handy). Plus when you reach a whopping six charges you'll summon a random Terminus (Which typically tend to be powerful as heck). While the super obvious thing to say here is "play a bunch of multishard cards", there's also something to be said for hav…

• My keyword: Avenge Avenge is an ability that triggers when another troop you control dies. So it could give all manner of aggressive buffs to give a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decision to opponents: opponents can kill a large, menacing troop, but it will trigger the Avenge abilities of the remaining creatures. Some examples: "Avenge - This gets +1 and Swiftstrike" "Avenge - This gets Rage 2." There could even be cards that trigger Avenge abilities without something needing something…

• Quote from Lucylumxx: “Send foward rewards to Lucylum [thats my nick in the game] I wish you all the best. ” Aren't Forum names in-game names? Cause I sent rewards to Lucylumxx...

• Well if you would like to offer some prizes that aren't the opportunity to sacrifice your first born, I can offer some thematic cards: - 4x Fifth Book of D'harsis - 4x Harbinger of Hastur - 2 x Chronic Madness You can decide how to distribute them.

• @Firellius Shamrock would be my choice. Thanks for hosting the contest. And it looks like there is already even another contest posted.

• Doombringer Q&A Thread

Quote from Rolfusius: “Alright, here is a strange one. I attack with whimsy witch, which transforms back into Voice of D'endrrah. At the start of my turn, it transforms back into whgimsy witch and i draw a card while whimsy get's -2/-2 and dies. Is this intended? How do the chain of whimsy into voice work out? ” I don't think there is any problem here. At the start of your turn you have a Whimsy Witch transformed into Voice of D'endrrah. So the Voice has two triggers at the start of the turn: - …

• Quote from Amostephil: “yeah arcanyx, but the problem is, that this behavior makes the gem much too strong, so i really dont know if this is working as intented. ” I won't argue whether it is too strong or not, but it is working as written.

• Abilities of troops cannot be activated in the crypt unless they specifically say so (like the PVE card Charred Zombie). However, as per your description, your opponent activated the ability while in play, so there is no problem. Where there seems to be confusion is that the ability seems to work from the graveyard, however, the text of the Major Sapphire just says to return to your hand. It doesn't matter where the Dark Heart actually is when the ability resolves. So as long as the ability is a…

• My submission is a cycle of Bonds that will make a literal pet-a-palooza. Each Bond triggers off of a human entering play and then make the human bond with their respective pet. So in the case of the and bonds, the pets will be able to boost and protect your human troop. * Bond of the Courageous 4 Constant ---------- When you play a human, summon a Royal Falcon. That human becomes the master of the summoned pet and gets "This troop's pets have + equal to this troop's ." * Bond of the Wise 4 Cons…

• Doombringer Q&A Thread

Quote from DogeyMcDogeface: “So i assimilated the opponent's Sir Draxxad and instead of him losing 25 health his health total remained the same and i lost 25 health! I'm assuming this is because the card will gain control of an opponent's card before putting it in a deck. However this isn't how it's worded. Is this a bug or how the card is supposed to work? ” But the very first line of Assimilate is to put into your deck. So when the "lose 25 health" trigger is put onto the chain from Sir Draxar…

• It's time to beware Ill omens in the air All artifice and life Must prepare for great strife The spirits are restless. It comes, the Soul Tempest * Soul Tempest 3 Blood-Icon-18px.png Wild-Icon-18px.png Basic Action --------- Destroy each opposing card with cost 1 or less. Escalation.

• Mystery Item

Arcanyx - - Bugs and Tech Issues

It started in the recent patch where they added equipment to AZ1 and AZ2. I think this is supposed to be some of the new equipment apparently didn't get loaded properly. If I recall, when you get these equips it is being noted and when they fix the bug, these will get automatically added to your account.

• Third place is awarded to @Karot. The ability is interesting, but not particularly flashy. But really, I just liked the flavor text and was imagining the Orc saying it's name as if it was a Monty Python skit. Second place goes to @HaughtyHeretic. The deploy effect is odd, since the two sets are not exclusionary (i.e. you could kill 2 shin'hare if they both cost 2 or less) but the stat boost is discretely either shin'hare or non-shin'hare. It creates a discordant mismatch for the player. In addit…

• Looking for a good time... The Rules: Design a card (or possibly multiple cards) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most. In addition to any listed prizes, the winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint, and the game continu…

• Glad you liked the card. New contest is posted!!! Time to lighten the mood from all this doom that was brought with the recent set.

• When one of the Luminaries decides to start making Wax Sculptures for the Merry Caravan: * Madame Tussaud 3 Unique Troop - Human Cleric Deploy - Illuminate 1. When you Illuminate, you may choose to Sculpt instead of Ignite or Flare. 1 / 3 "Who knew wax would be so easy to shape?" Designer notes: The idea behind Madame Tussuad's ability is to add another option when you Illuminate. The wording of Sculpt X would be "Candlekin you control transform into random troops with cost +X, but change the na…

• On a somewhat related note, the Necrotic mercenary Xarhrax loses her passive ability to reduce the cost of actions and buff troop once you have prismatic, but oddly only some of the time. I've been trying to figure out what was causes some battles to work properly but others to fail. Maybe it is part of a larger problem of some passive abilities in the campaign not working.