Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Plotynus: “not entirely historical accurate, and to your point, you're so wrong that the last time someone was THAT wrong, someone had to create the word "wrong" to reflect that. ” It's not possible for a person to be wrong about 'fun', if we want to get technical. Fun is a personal thing. Sports are EXTREMELY not fun for me. That is absolutely accurate. Regardless of your personal feelings on that

• Quote from Thoom: “Quote from Plotynus: “And honestly, I don't know how to fix this, you can give away some more free evo tickets, but having to actually build a limited deck is hard for new players. It's another level of knowledge to an already difficult game for any new player with no prior knowledge on it. ” I don't think it's fixable within the TCG business model, and it's always been one of the biggest hurdles in onboarding. The player is asked to pay extra money on top of the packs, and un…

• Quote from GobBluth: “Billions of people on the planet will disagree with you. ” That's fine. There was a time when nearly the entire population of the planet considered the world flat too.

• Quote from GobBluth: “Nationalism in sports makes it more fun. ” It would have to... since sports in general are so very not fun... be hard for them to get LESS so.

• wow no spoiler season start? Weird. Not even a teaser. Yeesh. Edit: Like, I didn't expect much here honestly. The Friday updates are Dinobot at their finest... but I was expecting us to get that early set teaser article that we usually get before spoiler season starts...

• Quote from Fred: “That's exactly what is happening right now with Merry Melee, a 'switch in formats'. But don't you dare say it out loud, you'll get accused of white-knighting and "explaining away bad numbers". ” I would argue Merry Melee is more a case of 'the shine not having worn off yet'. Merry Melee is new and has exclusive rewards. People are giving it a try. I think we'll see Merry Melee's real impact more when they get into the 'second rotation' of the format.

• FRA - Difficulty levels

Eraia - - Feedback and Suggestions

It's not a bad idea. But I just really hope that whatever they do next for PvE(if anything) in some form lets us use our PvE characters. I hate that they're stuck in stagnation when they would REALLY benefit from having access to some form of repeatable, randomized content.

• Quote from Norwind: “It's actually 3 sets a year, and that's definitely not too much when you see how activity always drops towards the end of the set. ” The reason activity drops at the end of a set is because there's nothing else to play. If we had casual formats, better PvE, etc etc etc... the dropoff would be less of a dropoff and more of a 'switch in formats'.

• Questmas 2018

Eraia - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from Utremeld: “Its 4 for a 2/2 troop, what are you matching exactly? You paid 4 for a 2/2, the AI doesn't usually play 2 or more troops in a turn and they're playing a bigger, more useful, troop than what you're getting. It doesn't go in the merc Constant deck (forgot his name) because he can't have troops in his graveyard without burning himself, its too slow and too little value for the FRA (you'd want Twilight Eclipse for 4 anyways because it's more likely to do more damage and also mo…

• Questmas 2018

Quote from Obsidian: “What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good. ” It seems like a fun card to me. I'll definitely farm it out in the hopes that someday we have content to use it in.

• Questmas 2018

I think people are being overly critical of this particular announcement. Even if they planned to release a 'real' statement today, it wouldn't have been in the same post or even necessarily at the same time as the Questmas post. It's a plus that these events are still happening... I mean, the events are the only attention that anything that is pure pve has gotten at all. Let's not get too upset at them continuing. Focus the consternation where it belongs.

• Dino Watch

Eraia - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Pandaemonium: “I think there are two things that might be happening regarding the lack of communication. 1. A huge change is going to occur shortly and they are not ready to announce it 2. They are basically saying this lack of communication is the new standard so deal with it. I am on the camp of option 1. What that entails is anyones guess. ” I am on the camp of both. There's going to be something big revealed(good or bad, who knows) shortly... but the lack of communication is also …

• Dino Watch

Quote from cainhu: “Quote from Eraia: “Another part of the problem is that people online don't WANT to have positive discussions half the time. You look at the suggestion forums... there are DOZENS of threads about positive change and that are trying to offer constructive and friendly discussions... most have 1-2 posts(unless they're opened by someone with some real name recognition and even then still frequently) ” I think you are wrong. People WANT meaningful positive discussion about the game…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Plotynus: “Thing is, HXE basically decided that they wanted to slowly bleed out the community instead of just saying the truth: We are going to focus on X,Y... and forget about Z for a while. When you don't talk to the community, no matter how small it is, you're giving them the right to assume whatever they want. I honestly don't blame those who basically enters here only to say how bad is everything. I don't agree with them, but they're entitled to their opinions and HXE decided tha…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Sukebe: “Are we reading the same update? The only "bad" thing there is that he said he won't say exactly when new pve is coming...which you should have figured out a long time ago. ” The part about that that is painful to read is how long ago it was with almost no communication on the subject since. The update itself was great, until you realize that what he was talking about was kind of 'if we survive to 2025, then all this stuff might come to pass'

• Dino Watch

Quote from Rivertrace: “The is much to love about this game - focus on what you enjoy and PLAY! ” I'm not going to get much into this... but after more than 30 characters leveled to at least 7 and 15 to at least 12... the campaign is just too predictable. FRA is just awful... I can stomach it maybe once a month. And this set is MISERABLE for Evo. And the rest of what you mentioned is not interesting at all to me. That's the problem many of us players find ourselves in. What we WANT out of the ga…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Airtron: “Dino appears to be reading this thread atm! POGGERS ” Welp, you watched, you saw him, thread successful.

• Dino Watch

Good luck Greyhaven. It would be good if this thread produced results.

• Novelty is a big selling point. I'm curious to see if the second 'rotation' of the Merry Melee rounds has even a fraction of the activity.

• Quote from Ossuary: “Yeah, I did say at the time that a multi-shard mandatory set was a fucking terrible idea. Honestly, at this point, it seems like they maybe don't even have enough staff left to take the time putting together a properly balanced card list for Kismet drafts, what with Corey Burkheart's departure. I'm sure that messed up their work on Set 10 balancing at least a little bit, given how far out those things have to already be in the bag to meet coding and release schedules. Beside…