Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 269.

• I think anyone who actually expected anything else from this update is fooling themselves into thinking the forums are more important than they actually are. This is literally every update, and you don't get a special update just because you yelled for it on the forums.

• Questmas 2018

Obsidian - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Obsidian: “What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good. ” Its 4 for a 2/2 troop, what are you matching exactly? You paid 4 for a 2/2, the AI doesn't usually play 2 or more troops in a turn and they're playing a bigger, more useful, troop than what you're getting. It doesn't go …

• Questmas 2018

Obsidian - - HEX News and Announcements

What? 4 mana for an enchantment that matches your opponent troop for troop is pretty darn good. Even if they're just 2/2s, that is a lot of value. Add on the ability to turn it into spot removal too, it's actually really really good.

• Dino Watch

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

Pretty sure all the PvE progress has been vaporware, or as close to it as one gets these days. Art assets (which are the only things they claimed to actually have) are relatively cheap and easy. Cory said he had art for 15 dungeons, which means nothing, and said they had done LOTS of design work on them guys. That means they probably had themes for a majority of them planned, and for some of them they even had specific encounters designed! But probably nothing coded, and we'd be lucky if they ha…

• Ty's also been art director for Unsung Story, another game KS that ended up being taken over by a more competent team. They brought in Ty, but I couldn't tell you if he's working on both projects or has left Hex. But no, they don't generally say when there are employee changes. Last time it was brought up, people just shrugged and said it was industry standard to swap companies/projects on a whim, but I do feel like we should get introductions to replacements when major team members change.

• There's a difference between being honest about bad things and being bad under the guise of 'honesty.' Some of the expressions of disappointment we've seen have been over-the-top, unnecessarily rude, and sure, toxic. Just because Hex is wrong here, and has been for quite some time, doesn't justify the total breakdown of propriety. Not everything or everyone, of course, but there's definitely been some, which is all Wolzarg's alleged.

• Perhaps there's code in the AI to find what it thinks the top 2-3 plays would be, and then executes #1 80% of the time, #2 15% of the time, and #3 5% of the time. That would result in the AI not being entirely predictable, have the ability to 'bluff', and sometimes just make misplays. In the past they've stated that they don't want the AI to just stomp players all day, so having imperfections in play could be intentional. Not to say they shouldn't take that out for siege, where the AI is a subst…

• I mean, the best way to grow Hex isn't to flood a bunch of players in, it's to improve some base functionalities of the product, improve new-player experiences, and let the game grow naturally. MtG didn't start out as an international competitive game, it grew over 20 years. If the lights are still on, it's not too late to change direction.

• What deck you using for FRA

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

Kelvyn, you can do a decent (if terribly boring) FRA deck with 1x Replicator's Gambit, 1x War Machinist, and all the rest ices and blue/red shards. 550 plat isn't bad for a deck that can clear FRA, if not perfect it every time.

• Well, if Cory says PS4's been working out for them, that's a good sign. I really do believe them when they say that self-publishing has helped them be more flexible. 2018 so far has been a year of more rapid and interesting development than we've seen before. Not all of it's been on target, but Merry Melee was definitely a good addition to the game as a mode that casual players can engage with for funsies PvP. Disheartened not to hear anything about PvE at all, even a mention, but it's good to h…

• I always assumed the crafting process (if it allowed crafting any PvE card) would have a pretty formulaic process for recycling old cards. Breaking down cards of a given color granted you a common/uncommon/rare/legendary crafting mat of that color, and creating rares would take X rare crafting components of the same color, and maybe some other things like a PvE drop consumable and/or stardust. With such a large assortment of cards (all commons through rares of every set), it'd be hard to do anyt…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Obsidian: “Well to be honest, even though I wrote a post imploring Hex open some discussion and news with us, I don't think I'd really engage with a forum as vitriolic as this one is. People apparently have run out of patience, and are using that as a defense to be very rude, to put it mildly. ” The problem is that Hex is making the assumption that if they're quiet, the vitriol will go away... when the reality is that, much like an infected wound or a package of rot…

• Well to be honest, even though I wrote a post imploring Hex open some discussion and news with us, I don't think I'd really engage with a forum as vitriolic as this one is. People apparently have run out of patience, and are using that as a defense to be very rude, to put it mildly.

• Maybe they saw 'Who's the Boss' and decided that PvE elements were too swingy and made the format unfun, so they backed down at the last minute? More likely, a new format every week is too quick to keep up with.

• I'd play it if the sleeve were any good. But I'm not interested.

• Eh, maybe, but I don't think we're at that point yet. Have you seen the posts on the forums this week? Several comments of people who wanted to leave to play Arena, and realized that Hex is best. Hex is still the most flexible and versatile game system, which draws a niche market rather than a widespread appeal. But it's pretty indispensable to that crowd. I think that most people would get back on board if Hex would bring them on board. But right now the train's going somewhere and we don't rea…

• Yeah, after reading the Friday Update, I basically felt like saying, "You don't technically need to talk to us or explain things, but the forums are rioting. If you want to rally them, you have to get out there and inspire everyone again." Hex has the ability to turn this around by getting people excited about the future. People are angry because they don't know what's going on, and it looks bad to them. Maybe it is bad! Maybe it actually looks good! We don't really know, just what we're seeing …

• I'm pretty sure a large part of why they haven't discussed the state of the AI with us is because it would involve admitting that the concept of an automatically learning and improving AI was not exactly truthful.

• The sooner you play it, the sooner you can start getting your card advantage out of it, period. The only question is if being a 1/1 is any worse than a 2/3. I would argue that most removal that kills a 1/1 will also kill a 2/3. Though to be honest, this feels like decisions the development team should be making. Unless they're gonna claim that all of the choices are equally powerful, there's a definitively right and wrong answer.

• Also, I don't think we need a bunch of new players. The game needs to organize it's new player orientation to help retain new players. We've already had Steam release AND PS4 release, and neither of those influxes of players turned things around. Before they seek a new audience, they need to look at their player retention and do something about that.