Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 320.

• Siege - Listing of 60 shard decks

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Doing this is stupid because it just makes things worse. Siege still needs to be fixed. But now, before they can start on that, they need to fix the mess created by the exploiters. Do they ban people? Which rewards do they remove? Deciding how to clean up the mess and then doing it takes up time which could be used for other things, like improving siege.

• Quote from Goliathus: “Do some research or you are just hiding points that do not help your argument? 1. MTGO f***ed multiplayers in the past by removing a lot of multiplayer format(very supportive, aren't they?), this directly cut off the multiplayer crowd(who would love Commander) in MTGO. 2. Commander league = 1v1 competitive. Not everyone plays that. There are plenty of people who play 4 people EDH in For Fun room. By your logic, Hex should cut Bash and Clash because out of the thousands of …

• Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Arcanis: “Quote from schild: “i know i'm not the only one that's wondering why all this crap is being shoved in and not the actual one, proven format - edh like, is it spite? do they hate money? what the shit ” It's pretty simple really, the new formats that we have gotten require very little additional programming to implement. They live streamed how much effort was put into making Corinth, it took like an hour. Who's the boss was basically one of the formats th…

• It's Your Card - Name Voting!

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Thrawn: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Thrawn: “1. Brown Fox Tactician - which I had to go with my art description, is an option. ( Ya'll know I'd stump for my own idea, right? ) ” That’s one of the bad ones - it might not be a brown fox. ” Card literally makes brown foxes. And hex has style guides that define what a coyotle looks like, which is why I did not bother to specify fur color. Not sure I understand your concern. Plus, isn't "Brown Fox" more like a tribe within the Coyotle? ”…

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Thrawn: “1. Brown Fox Tactician - which I had to go with my art description, is an option. ( Ya'll know I'd stump for my own idea, right? ) ” That’s one of the bad ones - it might not be a brown fox.

Mach - - HEX Discussions

What happens if the chosen name doesn’t match the art?

• Quote from CoachFliperon: “ I'm still not even sure why we don't get sacs for retiring defenses in the first place... its not like what we get is tradeable... What are we trying to prevent here? ” Perhaps the point is to discourage people from making sieges which are too difficult.

• Quote from Ossuary: “Oh look, another set of cosmetics locked behind an unfun grind ” if this is the case, the problem isn’t that the rewards are locked behind the grind. The problem is that the grind isn’t fun.

• Is it permissible for a player with a streak going to pay an opponent to scoop? Ladder isn’t a tournament, so I don’t think existing rules apply.

• Corinth Continues

Mach - - HEX News and Announcements

So you lose your open run when the queue is removed but unlike last time no specific date is given for when this will happen. This does not seem like a good idea.

• Merry Melee - Corinth

Quote from Fred: “FWIW, here's the code to my simulation (in Ruby): ” It seems you are using a large number of players and then doing 1 gauntlet run for each. This is a valid approach, but not the only valid approach. All gauntlet runs are not the same length; they range from 3 to 7 games. So I tweaked your code to reduce the number of players, but have each player start a new run when a run finished, up until 100000000 total runs finished. This gave me the following result: * 5-0 * 5-1 * 5-2 * …

• Merry Melee - Corinth

Quote from Fred: “When calculating expected values, you need to consider every single possible outcome, not just one specific scenario that is individually unliekly to happen. ” I am considering every possible outcome. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm pairing each player against specific other players, or doing anything which would cause the order of runs to matter. Here's what I'm doing. First, I calculate the odds of each player winning any single game. Since we know there i…

• Merry Melee - Corinth

Quote from Fred: “Extreme #2: The format is entirely skill based. - Scenario 1: There is no matchmaking. Your opponent is determined randomly. The average player has the same chance to be matched with a player that is more skilled than with what that is less skilled than he is. The most skilled player of the two always wins the match. In this scenario, the expected distribution of results would be: ” I'm getting very different results from you for this scenario. Here's my model/math: Suppose the…

• Merry Melee - Corinth

Quote from Fred: “Quote from Mach: “We should be able to get some sense about how skill/luck dependent the format is from the data. Perhaps @Fred could help here. ” Data shows that Corinth wins 50% of the matches, while Corinth wins the other 50%. ” That's obviously not what I'm talking about. Since there is no matchmaking, you should be able to compare the distribution of gauntlet records to what you'd expect from all-luck and all-skill scenarios.

• Merry Melee - Corinth

We should be able to get some sense about how skill/luck dependent the format is from the data. Perhaps @Fred could help here.

• Quote from StorrowN: “At the end of the day, I don't really care how they do it. Just spice up the limited side of the game, regularly. Don't wait for 3 months after the new set is out. When a new set hits there should be a 2 week stretch of nothing but the new format, not 2 months. Then, resume splashing other formats into the mix to keep people engaged. ” If your normal format is only keeping people engaged for 2 weeks, you have a massive problem with your normal format which should be your to…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Cash as prize must be put back into the equation or Hex stops being a highly competitive card game. ” It doesn't have to be cash, just something generally accepted to have value external to the game. Things like Amazon gift cards or bitcoins or even steam wallet codes would work well enough.

• Quote from Eraia: “They don't have to explain legal issues to us. Very few companies do. ” They don't have to, but if they choose not to they can't blame people for assuming the worst. I played a game once where something similar happened. Not too long after the company went bankrupt. I'm sure others have had similar experiences. So having these issues can certainly be a sign of financial difficulties. If that is not the case here, they should assuage those fears by being more specific about wha…

• Quote from Goliathus: “Quote from Mach: “It's not that simple to calculate for Draft since you can choose how aggressively you raredraft. ” The calculator did account for the average price of the set's cards. Also, cards aren't that expensive in MTGO. According to MTGGoldfish, only 7 cards are 4.50 tix and above. Others are 1 tix and below. Unless you open up one of the seven, which is a rare occurance, the average price of the calculator is a pretty fair number. Furthermore, rare draft is going…

• Quote from Goliathus: “Quote from Ducklett: “Is limited EV in MTGO really that bad? ” According to GoatBots, you need 63% win rate for a meager 0.17 tix(equivalent of 17plat here) profit in draft. 54% for sealed but many people like draft more than sealed, especially a sealed format that makes you play 9 matches with the same pool. Also, bots dominate the market, so you cannot play the market. 0.17 is 0.17. Here, I can always open some money cards and work some auction house magic if I want to, …