Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 283.

• Adventure Zone 3?

Bootlace - - HEX Discussions

Agree with Sethanon that a new AZ will have very little lasting impact assuming it's similar in nature to AZ1 and AZ2. I rather they went back and made all nodes and dungeons co-op compatible than make new content. They've done some work on Sieges so I still have hopes something more substantial will come of that besides this gambling pit approach they went for. I have layed out a plan for it that I believe will create an infinite amount of enjoyable content so that players like Greyhaven have a…

• Phantom or account bound is fine. Make it earnable by winning a game of the Merry Caravan format of the week or whatever (aka Iconoclash thus far).

• Just got around to watching Chris' stream, very cool stuff and the format looks like good fun. @HEXRysu was mentioning he was always on the lookout for other fun mini-game mercenaries so I thought I'd share one here: The basic shell is similar to Corlinth as in you just have basic shards and a champion power that costs 1. The champion power asks you to choose either "Trick" or "Treat" and in turn gives your hand one of the two cards below: Trick Cost:X Threshold: None Type: Basic Action Descript…

• Yea I guess we should separate the people who want to get in on a tight budget from the true F2P, I might have grouped them up in my opening paragraph. For the small investment, I do think Hex is better because you are not pigeon holed into one deck. Technically you can switch out your deck for another if you get bored of it at a small to no loss (yes it will require some trading/AH hustling, but possible if youre more cost conscious than time conscious ). In HS you will be opening random cards …

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Bootlace: “Who's looking down on them? My whole post details how Hex have to do a much better job at attracting/catering to new players...Are you just looking for something to be offended at? Wow indeed! ” Not at all. There is just this attitude among this game's community that the reason people don't like it is because they're somehow not good enough to appreciate the game unless something is changed to 'pamper' them or 'pander to them'. If that's NOT how you feel,…

• Quote from Eraia: “wow... I don't think we'll ever get new players if the majority of the community sees designing the game in a way to reward people for playing as 'pampering' - you can't get new players to join a community that is automatically, before they even start playing, looking down on them. ” Who's looking down on them? My whole post details how Hex have to do a much better job at attracting/catering to new players...Are you just looking for something to be offended at? Wow indeed!

• Quote from AnomalyCobra: “TCG vs CCG will always benefit the CCGs because newer players don't understand the differences and just see free vs not free. Its the same reason why pubg is less popular than fortnite. Free vs not free. Yes pubg has tons of playability issues but even if the game ran flawlessly fortnite would still be more popular. Today's generation wants everything for free and you can't lure them into a game like this expecting them to pay for stuff when the available rewards are so…

• Is Hex PvP too expensive to get into or is it too expensive to keep playing? If it's just the former then I don't see anything wrong with feeding new accounts with ton of phantom/untradeable rares/legs/packs/tickets and slowly reducing that over time until they're hooked. Hex would probably also need to beef up their organized play incentives in the form of a tiered tournament point system with some really enticing prizes where there's really incentive to stay active and keep playing/having a to…

• I don't know if AI is really built to be some flexible player to adjust to subtly changing metas.. I'd presume it'll always be best at trying to execute proactive linear strategies as optimally as possible (aggro down as fast as possible, mill as efficiently as possible, build plant army as fast as possible etc)..

• I think sharing attacker data is fine, but I don't see the point of trying to come up with really good Siege defenses if your build is going to be instantly shared with everyone. In PvP when a successful decklist is revealed, you still have the ability to play it more optimally than netdeckers but with the AI piloting it, you've just given away ALL the secret sauce. If there was for example the ability to set custom fine grained AI rules on how to pilot each deck, then it would be different.

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from NicoSharp: “@Bootlace holistically the system should work that way. The in reality, that system rewards a very specific demographic. One that is willing to jump through a number of hoops to convert their time not playing hex, into trade progression. ” It rewards them because they're willing to do something others aren't willing to that has value to someone. If everyone just plays the same F2P game in the same fashion and earns the same stuff and lists the same stuff in mass let's say …

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Pandaemonium: “Quote from Bootlace: “Quote from NicoSharp: “Not having a way to progress to what you want in HEX is quite frustrating. Trade does not solve this problem, especially in the current form we have trade. ” I mean we have tons of cases of people on these forums throwing a few bucks into the game and they now have full collections and tons to spare. Heck, one of them even went on to win $40,000. Throw a few dollars at a deck -> grind gold near optimally -> list your valuable…

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from NicoSharp: “Not having a way to progress to what you want in HEX is quite frustrating. Trade does not solve this problem, especially in the current form we have trade. ” I mean we have tons of cases of people on these forums throwing a few bucks into the game and they now have full collections and tons to spare. Heck, one of them even went on to win $40,000. Throw a few dollars at a deck -> grind gold near optimally -> list your valuable drops & send your gold to Broombot -> buy whate…

• I think a lot of those people want to be able to play most of the game mostly for free. Games like Hearthstone do a great job of giving the illusion of being very generous. You get a constant stream of gold playing PvP, you get free packs thrown at you, you can play their draft mode for free over and over again if you do your quests, and there's also the Tavern Brawl where you can play with powerful cards for free. Basically people are giving Hex a negative review because they want it to be the …

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Pandaemonium: “What happens next update? If more loot is added I just see the problem getting worse for both the new and veteran players. Of course my guesstimate is that after set 10 (when the frost ring story goes away) there wont be more FRA content. ” Quote from Wolzarg: “Honestly i wouldn't mind if they did something like commons-rare have a token system and legends drop from the table exclusively. This way rarity matters and there are still chase things dropped. ” It's hard to s…

• I loved the original sealed leagues in MTGO but there was a ton of collusion going on. I can imagine it being even more intense in Hex with the smaller playerbase. Also 10 league games per week is too much, 5 was a decent number so even players who joined after week 1 could catch up.

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Obsidian: “Quote from Bootlace: “Quote from Vroengard: “@Bootlace In case it wasn't clear, I meant that it takes longer to collect everything, not it takes longer to complete a single run. And I disagree that it's the only choice, it would add a ton of replayability if they allowed Mercenaries to run in FRA. And that's something people have been asking for a long time. And while I'm not a coder, Mercenaries are already in the game so how long would a patch to sw…

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Vroengard: “@Bootlace In case it wasn't clear, I meant that it takes longer to collect everything, not it takes longer to complete a single run. And I disagree that it's the only choice, it would add a ton of replayability if they allowed Mercenaries to run in FRA. And that's something people have been asking for a long time. And while I'm not a coder, Mercenaries are already in the game so how long would a patch to switch them on for FRA would take to make? A couple months? ” You alr…

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Vroengard: “ Quote from Bootlace: “Disagree, chase items (and encounters) are good for the PvE game. Gives you something to look forward to every run, instead of turning this into a grinding job. ” Disagree, because the way it is right now it's a WORSE form of grinding because (1) it's random and (2) since it's random it takes longer. What you probably mean is that this system promotes replayability, which is still something that I wouldn't call <good>, because this is the wrong kind …

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from AceBladewing: “Quote from Bootlace: “Also it's not technically true you get 0% closer to that drop, gold is essentially the "token system" that has been mentioned and you get some of it on every run. ” Its also not technically false because I'm talking about the context of getting the card from the arena. Even in context of buying the card externally, the cards you want aren't guaranteed to be on the AH for gold. Last time I checked brewed ambrosia was only being sold for plat. So the…