Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 214.

• constant unique 4 When you gain a charge, choose one: - Look at the top two cards of target champion's deck. Put one of them on the bottom. - Add a tunneling counter to target underground troop. - Remove a tunneling counter from target underground troop. What is destined is not certain.

• Kismet format feedback thread

Biz - - HEX Discussions

the format is missing a few basic things like access to enough anti-flight and anti-constant cards. and the answers that do exist aren't prevalent enough. it might be a rarity issue. it might be that the card pool is too large which reduces their frequency i haven't tried a ton of strategies yet, but i'm leaning towards disliking it. most decks aren't doing anything fancy. it feels like a ton of weak build-arounds. i can see hints of tons of different builds, but the card pool doesn't support ma…

• the problem isn't really that a single instance of 1000g is too much the problem is they designed it so that there is no reason to leave a gauntlet level up forever unless it is breaking even. that puts a fairly severe restriction on what kind of content will be available and how long it will be available for that means if i attack some keep that's fun or interesting in some way (but not defeating me 67% of the time), and i recommend that level to a friend, they won't be able to actually play it…

• defender, because it's new i don't think it's sustainable though. the amount of time & energy it would take to tune a deck to the point where the hex AI makes the right plays by accident is quite high, and then they expect defenders to subsidize the mode on top of that? meanwhile attackers can just make a counter-deck and improve their winrate, keeping the shelf-life of any static defense very low it might be better if i could just make 15 decks and have it randomly choose 3 so that it couldn't …

• can a variant of this let the players use old gems and equipment and PVE cards? the described siege is like the AI having more fun than the player

• by my calculations, it looks like attackers having a success rate of about 33% (at winning the treasure hoard) would be the most "fair" attackers would expect to get back 95% of what they spend defenders would expect to get back 97% of what they spend

• in a vacuum, i'm not seeing the difference between these two: - withdrawing your gauntlet and listing it again - leaving it running the optimal strategy just changes based on what the most skilled challengers look for (and how you want to dodge them). i think maybe there shouldn't be an option to back out unless nobody has challenged it within a certain amount of time

• that still sounds like something that increases (if we're looking at the historical high) with more attempts, which is facilitated by just throwing money at it

• part of the appeal of PVE is having a mode where the AI can lose more often so that the humans can win more often. that's not possible in PVP, which is zero-sum the siege mode seems okay, but it seems set up so that the AI has to survive 5 assaults in a row before the defender breaks even. personally, i'm fine with a challenge, but do PVE players really want the mode to only be fair if the AI is winning a lot?

• if the defense leaderboard is just a win counter, it might just measure who spent the most money keeping their gauntlet defense around (and losing money) the longest

• this is something that can actually be turned into a mmo. looks promising i might not understand how it works fully, but it sounds like it's in the right direction of being replayable content. i anticipate these issues: - if the gauntlets are not anonymized, there's no financial incentive to actually submit a siege defense after it has been scouted. it'll just get repeatedly defeated by humans playing the counter-deck. - creating siege defenses is kind of like making content. it seems the system…

• hoping for a furiko nerf so that kismet draft isn't awful i will miss hideous conversion as a way to play expensive cards, but facing infinite sacrifice loops made it impossible to play lots of decks all these cards that require the answers to be quick speed are going to be overpowered because hex doesn't have a large enough card pool for decks to have other ways to spend resources on the opponent's' turn. expecting people to take the turn off to keep resources open for counterplay is too much w…

• there is relatively more demand for holding on to hex cards than mtgo cards free constructed & non-PVP modes also mean that hex has more opportunity and less financial disincentive to play cards that aren't part of the best deck every mtgo card that isn't constructed playable is completely worthless, but hex has a lot of people who don't even sell cards unless they have 5+ copies and even actively try to collect 4 copies of cards that aren't very good and recent price data might not be too repre…

• draft is missing variety it should be like map rotation for any standard online PVP game with different battlegrounds/arenas/levels. you've created ~10 different levels. use them. i would play hex 5 times a week if i could play on 5 different levels. i'm a lot less likely to play the same level 5 times in a single week. it gets stale / repetitive / boring i used to be fine drafting the same format repeatedly when it was a competitive strategy game (eg. with draft pods), but the gauntlets are a l…

• if you don't get any offers, it may help to know that it probably takes a human longer to mail 4 copies of ~1200 different cards than it does to get ~100p in prizes from pve also the game only has a few thousand cards so far, so there aren't even that many completely worthless ones

• Quote from HEXPureforce: “... Long winded, we're looking into a way to see if the rules should change surrounding the cards "played for free" require priority like a targeted trigger. It seems pretty contradictory to the rules however, so currently, yes you can infinite loop yourself in standard in a couple of ways, which isn't great. Good find, sorry for the complicated response, and delay, wanted to make sure I had it right for you ” thanks. i'll try to understand this if it does infinite loop…

• an outline of what the MMO card game is and whether it will be made (and if so, when to expect it) is long overdue it should have been presented once the game left beta, or at the very least once gameforge was gone

• PVE Wishlists and Plotting

Biz - - HEX Discussions

wishlist; mmo gameplay (that means massively multiplayer) or replayable strategy gameplay (eg. draft), not more static text adventure levels probably needs to be more like limited/roguelikes/battlearenas where everyone starts somewhat evenly and upgrades their deck/party/character through a short procedurally generated stage instead of rpg-like where large open 3d worlds and lots of scripted content keeps it interesting i like rpg campaigns too, but they tend to be fun because of massive budgets…

• how does the ordering of sylvan springs & locket of reflection (and triggers from additionally played cards) work if both are in play? 3 scenarios: 1. i play a card and my deck has 1 card with the same name 2. i play a card and my deck has 0 cards with the same name 3. i also have a periwinkle in play, i play a 5-cost troop, and i have 1 card with the same name in the deck

• the problem isn't about game length. it's about being dependent on a match to finish when the outcome doesn't affect you most of the short low-value tournaments should just be async or at least sharded into groups of 8 (3 rounds) or 16 (4 rounds). you don't need to wait for 100 people to finish when battling for a couple packs or an AA. the pairings don't even matter when the payouts are based on absolute record instead of tiebreakers the total clock duration itself is fine. we actually used it …